Giving birth to a child is one of the most beautiful times in a woman’s life. The woman’s body undergoes several changes during pregnancy. It can be challenging to return to your pre-pregnancy body after having a baby. On the other hand, pregnancy can be both psychologically and physically taxing.
Mommy makeover procedures are a series of cosmetic procedures that assist women in restoring their pre-pregnancy bodies and confidence.
After pregnancy, most women have belly fat, stretch marks, excessive weight gain, drooping or saggy breasts, and hair and skin changes. Mommy makeover surgery entails several body sculpting treatments designed to correct the physical changes during pregnancy. The treatments involved in mommy makeover surgeries are very versatile and can be modified to meet the requirements of each individual. From restoring the shape of the abdomen to getting rid of the extra fat, mommy makeover surgeries are a life saviour for women who want a visible and noticeable difference in their bodies.
When to get Mommy Makeover surgery?
Most women get the Mommy makeover surgeries a few months after their pregnancy. There is no such standard timeline given for undergoing the procedures. Consulting a plastic surgeon like Dr. Shalu about the type of procedures you want and discussing your health can help you find the right time for the surgery.
Generally, it is suggested to wait at least 7 to 8 months after the pregnancy to undergo surgery. Waiting for a year after pregnancy is also considered safe and the proper time for undergoing surgery.
Who is the right candidate for mommy makeover surgery?
Mommy makeover surgery is ideal for women who want quick and visible results in the body post-delivery. Some criteria for undergoing surgery are:
- You have loose or sagging breasts.
- You have excessive loose skin and fat deposition around the stomach.
- You want to get rid of the post-pregnancy stretch marks.
- You struggle with excessive arm, leg, and belly fat
- You are overall healthy with no complications after pregnancy
- You are not planning to conceive anytime soon
What are the different procedures included in a Mommy makeover?
Numerous procedures are involved in the Mommy makeover surgery, which can help women lose weight, improve skin tone and get a contoured body. The procedures involved are both surgical and non-surgical. The procedure is generally used to enhance the overall body and face. Most of the treatments included in the Mommy makeover surgery can be performed individually, or they can be performed in combination with other treatments depending upon the unique needs of the patient. The different aesthetic procedures help the women transition back to their pre-pregnancy bodies quickly.
Some of the most common surgical procedures are:
- Breast augmentation: Breast augmentation surgery is a surgical procedure that helps in enhancing the natural breast shape and increasing its size. Pregnancy can lead to the loss of a lot of volume in a woman’s breast. Augmentation can also help improve the overall size of the breast. There are different types of implants available that can be used for augmenting the breast, i.e., silicon, fat, and saline. Breast augmentation creates a visual balance between the lower and upper bodies, helping treat any asymmetrical breast after pregnancy.
- Breast reduction: Breast reduction is another standard treatment popular in women who recently had a baby. Many women prefer breast reduction surgery after pregnancy because of post-pregnancy fat deposition in the breast. Excessive fat on the breast can lead to back problems, shoulder pain, and sagging breast problems. Breast reduction provides firmness and contour to the breast and reduces the neck, shoulder, and back strain. The clothes start fitting better, and the new moms feel more comfortable in their bodies.
- Breast lift: hormonal changes during pregnancy can cause sagginess and droopiness in the breast. A brace lift surgery helps restore the firmness to the breast and eliminate the saggy appearance. One of the most common advantages of breast lift surgery is the toned appearance and shape of the breast.
- Tummy Tuck surgery or liposuction: The abdominal or the tummy region is one of the most affected areas of pregnancy. As the skin stretches to accommodate the baby, the woman can develop loose or sagging skin after pregnancy. Tummy Tuck surgery is one of the most popular post-pregnancy procedures involving tightening the abdominal skin and fat removal to give that toned pre-pregnancy body.
- Liposuction : It involves sucking out the excess fat from the belly, arms, and other body parts
- Circumferential abdominoplasty: The traditional tummy tuck surgery involves only the belly area, but circumferential abdominoplasty involves shaping and contouring the entire lower body to remove excess fat. This procedure is generally done when substantial contouring is required.
- Vaginoplasty: the vagina or the birth canal is highly affected after the pregnancy. A vaginoplasty is a procedure that involves the reconstruction of the vagina to restore tightness and elasticity. Undergoing a vaginoplasty is a personal choice for many women, and it helps them feel younger and rejuvenated.
Some of the most common non-surgical alternatives involved in Mommy makeover surgery are
- Face Fillers to reduce and diminish the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Skin tightening procedures: these are standard non-invasive procedures where radio frequency is utilised to tighten the skin
- PRP or platelet-rich plasma: one of the major concerns after pregnancy for most women is the appearance of stretch marks. These Stretch marks can be reduced by using the platelet-rich plasma technique. The PRP is injected where the stretch marks are present, and it can help heal the skin.
- Cellulite removal
- Facelift procedures
- Hyperpigmentation treatments include chemical peels and exfoliants.
- Fillers for dark and sunken under eyes.
Dr. Shalu’s Clinic offers the most comprehensive range of facial rejuvenation treatments, a part of Mommy makeover surgery. Consult doctor Shalu to know more and book your appointment.
What are the advantages of Mommy makeover surgery?
There are various benefits of getting a Mommy makeover surgery done at Dr. Shalu’s Clinic:
- Your self-esteem and looks improve significantly. The boost in confidence that a well-toned figure provides women is unrivalled.
- You can wear whatever you want and are not limited to baggy clothes due to your weight or belly fat.
- The proportions of your body are significantly improved and tweaked to give you a visually beautiful and symmetrical appearance.
- Mommy makeover surgery, like liposuction, assists in precisely targeting and removing fat from areas such as the tummy, thighs, and abdomen.
- You can get enhanced breasts with a naturally lifted appearance.
- The methods assist you in eliminating and correcting troublesome parts of your body. This has a significant impact on self-esteem.
Why choose Dr. Shalu?
Mommy makeover surgeries are aesthetic procedures that require a thorough blend of Medical science and cosmetic surgery. With her creative vision and experience, Dr. Shalu delivers quality results to all her patients.
Dr. Shalu believes in enhancing the body features to appear natural yet contoured and sculpted.
When it comes to mommy makeover surgery, Dr. Shalu is the leading plastic surgeon who will provide you with the best results.
Consult her today for your dream body!