Double Chin Surgery
Some people may have excess fat that creates a double chin, also called submental fullness. A double chin can result from a variety of causes, including hereditary factors, weight, anatomy and airway positioning. The double chin treatment aims to remove this stubborn fat and tighten the skin below the chin, which helps an individual achieve a perfect jaw line.
What is double chin surgery?
There are variety of procedures to remove a double chin. These procedures include:
- Liposuction: This procedure removes fat from beneath the skin and sculpts the chin and neck contour. “We make a small incision under the skin, insert a tube and suck out the fat, liposuction typically requires only local anaesthetic to numb the general area. The procedure requires a single session and provides permanent results.
- Face-lift: This surgery allows doctors to remove fat and loose, saggy skin around the chin and neck, removing a double chin.
- Nonsurgical Alternative – There are multiple nonsurgical treatments for double chin reduction.
- Cryolipolysis chills fat cells to the point of freezing, damaging their membranes so they are absorbed and metabolized by the body.
- Injection lipolys is using popular injections containing deoxycholic Acid like Kybella® are known to be effective for double chin removal.
- HIFU by high intensity focused ultrasound energy which is delivered below the skin, affects the three layers of the skin which results in tightening and lifting of the skin.
This nonsurgical approach requires several sittings spaced out over several weeks. Most people receive two or three treatments, but it can take up to six treatments, depending on the patient and the amount of excess fat in the treatment area. After any of these procedures, you can expect to experience about 10 to 14 days of bruising and swelling.
Ideal Candidates For Double Chin Treatment
- People suffering from stubborn chin fat
- People who want perfect jawline.
- Fat bulge beneath their neck
Most people who have cosmetic surgery on the chin and neck go home the same day. A chin strap needs to be worn for one week for 24 hours and later for two more weeks at bedtime. There may be some discomfort, swelling and bruising ,skin may feel tight. These effects get better over time and last about two weeks. Keep your head elevated above your heart. Use certain medications (for example, ointments or pills) to control pain or prevent infection is advised
Chin liposuction for double chin correction results in Significant skin tightening as well as it provides a beautiful jaw line. Downtime is there, but swelling usually settles in a week or two. Non-surgical methods need several sittings before you can appreciate changes
Neck and chin plastic surgery is generally safe, but the procedures do come with certain risks:
- Bleeding or blood clots.
- Pain or swelling that lasts longer than expected.
- Very rarely nerve injury that could cause weakness, numbness or changes in the way the skin feels.
- Asymmetry in the face
Every patient is different so is his/her problem. There are many criteria’s to decide which type of reduction technique will be good for particular patient. These criteria are
- patient wants an invasive or non-invasive treatment
- single session or multiple sessions treatment
- the patient needs finer adjustments or huge changes in the chin area
- Patients who suffer from the signs of aging in the midface and neck region in such cases, along with facelift surgery, double chin correction is done.
Liposuction is the best treatment for double chin reduction. It is a single session procedure with permanent results, unlike other procedures. And even the results are highly precise as compared to other available procedures.